Coca-Cola European Partners plc and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“CCEP”, “we”) are committed to respect your privacy and to manage your personal data fairly and safely. With this Privacy Notice, we want to inform you why and how we use personal data in the context of the My CCEP portal at https://my.ccep.com, and the services we offer through the My CCEP portal (collectively, “My CCEP”).
Unless otherwise indicated, Coca-Cola European Partners plc is the entity responsible or “data controller” for the processing of personal data in the context of My CCEP. If you are visiting a local language version of My CCEP, then the local CCEP company is also a data controller with regard to the processing of your personal data. To contact the relevant data controller, please see How to contact us below.
I. Personal data we collect
II. Purposes and legal grounds
III. How we may disclose personal data
IV. International data transfers
V. Retention periods
VI. Your rights and choices
VII. Changes to this Privacy Notice
VIII. How to contact us
We may collect personal data about you directly from you, from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of My CCEP. In this Privacy Notice, “personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. Examples of personal data include: name, email address, IP address, and phone number.
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your personal data, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide personal data when requested, you may not be able to benefit from My CCEP if that information is necessary to provide the services or if we are legally required to collect it.
A. Personal data we collect directly from you
• Registration information. When you register, you may provide us with your personal data, such as your name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, bank account number, billing information, date of birth, company/affiliation, job title, country of residence.
• Correspondence and other communications. When you send us customer service-related requests, we also collect data you choose to provide us with in the request. In addition, we may collect personal data disclosed by you on chat features via the online chat function, in the contact form or any other interactive applications and services that we provide.
• Using My CCEP. When you use your My CCEP account, we also collect details of your orders and your preferences.
B. Personal data we collect automatically
• Website usage information. When you visit My CCEP, we collect certain information about your use of the website, including the hostname and IP address of your device, your browser type and version, your operating system, the website which referred you to us, the pages you visit on My CCEP and the time and duration of your visit.
C. Personal data we collect from third parties and public sources
• Business contacts details. We may receive business contact details from third parties such as your employer or other business stakeholders.
• Referrals and business leads. We may receive referrals and business leads from business partners or other individuals for the purpose of prospective partnership.
D. Personal data we collect from public sources
• Publicly available information. We may retrieve publicly available information from the Internet, such as social media information, public records, and news reports.
We use information held about you for the following purposes:
• Providing services. To provide services and information that you request (such as to handle orders, accounting, invoicing and deliveries) and to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of My CCEP, to complete your transactions, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users.
• Communications. To contact you for administrative purposes, such as customer service or to send communications, including updates and changes to My CCEP.
• Marketing. For marketing and market research purposes, such as contacting you with our newsletters, CCEP marketing or promotional materials via email, SMS, phone calls or new technologies like chatbot; analyzing your use of My CCEP in order to make forecasts and audits, identify trends, review effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and improve My CCEP, our customer service, and measuring customer satisfaction.
• Product development. To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve My CCEP, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
• Screening. To evaluate prospective customers and business partners to ensure their compliance with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
• Compliance. To comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
We only process your personal data based on a valid legal ground, including when:
• We need your personal data to provide you with My CCEP, for example to execute orders you place;
• We have a legal obligation to use your personal data, for example to comply with tax and accounting obligations; or
• We have a legitimate interest in using your personal data for. For example, CCEP has a legitimate interest in using personal data to conduct market research, product development and internal analytics, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of My CCEP. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your personal data when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
We may disclose information to third parties with your consent, as well as in the following circumstances:
• CCEP Group companies. We may disclose details about you to other members of the CCEP Group of companies.
• Service providers. We may disclose your personal data to third party service providers who provide us with application development, hosting, maintenance, marketing, analytics and other services. These third parties may have access to or process personal data about you as part of providing those services for us. We limit the personal data provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
• Compliance with laws and law enforcement. We reserve the right to disclose your personal data as required by law or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect the security or integrity of My CCEP, or to protect the legitimate interests, rights, property, or safety of CCEP, its employees, users, or others, or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or governmental or regulatory request or any other legal process served on us.
• Business transfers. We may disclose your personal data to an acquirer, successor, or assignee of our company as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
• Advertising partners. With your consent, we may transfer your personal data obtained through My CCEP to third party advertisers or sponsors for direct marketing purposes, including targeted advertising, for example to reach a particular audience.
• Aggregated data. We may pass aggregated information to third parties about how our users use My CCEP but this will not include information which could be used to identify you.
We may transfer your personal data to recipients in countries outside of the European Union whose laws may not provide the same level of data protection. When we do so, we will ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal data that comply with our legal obligations. The adequate safeguard might be a data transfer agreement with the recipient based on standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission for transfers of personal data to third countries.
For more information about the transfers described above and the adequate safeguards we use to protect such transfers, you may contact us through the contact information set forth below.
We take measures to delete your personal data or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this data for a longer period. When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of services requested by or provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrolment with My CCEP, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, mandatory retention periods provided by law and the relevant statute of limitations.
You can contact us at any time for assistance regarding the processing of your personal data. Furthermore, you have the right at any time to:
• Obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal data and request a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
• Ask that we update the personal data we hold about you, or correct such personal data that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
• Ask that we delete personal data that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal data if you believe that there is no (longer a) lawful ground for us to process it;
• Withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on consent);
• Receive a copy of the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit such personal data to another party (to the extent the processing is based on consent or a contract);
• Object to our processing of your personal data for which we use legitimate interest as a legal basis, in which case we will cease the processing unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing; and
• You have also the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data for direct marketing. If you do not want to continue receiving any direct marketing from us, you can contact us or click on the unsubscribe function in any such communication.
In order to exercise your rights, you can send us a request, indicating the right you wish to exercise by contacting us as indicating at the bottom of this Privacy Notice. However, there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights. We may, for example, charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on a request if it is manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of its repetitive character. In some situations, we may refuse to act or may impose limitations on your rights if, for instance, your request is likely to adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others, prejudice the execution or enforcement of the law, interfere with pending or future litigation, or infringe applicable law. In all cases, you have a right to file a complaint with a data protection authority.
We may modify or amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any changes we may make to this Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page. To let you know when we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page. The new modified or amended Privacy Notice will apply from that revision date. Please check back periodically to see changes and additions.
If you have any queries about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices in general, you can contact us via email at email@example.com or via post at:
Coca-Cola European Partners plc, Attn: Legal Pemberton House, Bakers Road, Uxbridge, Middx UB8 1EZ, United Kingdom.
You may also contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org , or via post at: Coca-Cola European Partners Services sprl/bvba, Attn: Chief Data Protection Officer Chaussée de Mons 1424, Brussels, 1070, Belgium
If you would like to contact a particular CCEP company directly, please use the contact details at https://www.ccep.com/contact. The list of data controllers is also available here: CCEP Data Controllers .